Neptune stations direct at 0 degrees Pisces in the wee hours of November 11. Neptune is conjunct wounded healer Chiron in Pisces and square both Black Moon Lilith in Gemini and Mercury in Sagittarius.
When a planet appears to slow in the zodiac to station either retrograde or direct, we often experience a palpable concentration of that planet's energy and themes.
Neptune is the planet associated with, among other things, dreams; illusions; spiritual communion and guidance; psychic connection; the unconscious; sublime artistic ability; surreality; escapism; oceans; fluids; flooding; permeation; blind spots; smokescreens; fraud; deception; and addictions.
The Neptune effects will be strongest during the first half of November, dissipating toward the end of the month. With stationing Neptune permeating the astro atmosphere, we can expect a few of the following symptoms to be kicked up until then:
- Dreams can be much more vivid and involved. They can have a "journeying" quality, as if we have traveled through many other worlds, and we can wake up feeling more tired than when we went to bed. Prophetic or foreshadowing dreams are more common.
- We can experience disrupted sleep with odd periods of wakefulness in the night.
- Sleep can be deeper, as if we're falling off into utter abyss and have to drag ourselves out and back into waking life. We may sleep longer or more often than usual, and people can continue to have a sleepy, dreamy quality throughout the waking hours. The standard afternoon coffee just doesn't cut it!
- Psychic connections to people from the past, present, or even future can be stronger and more apparent - even when we don't want them to be. We may become aware of ways we are connected to others that were previously unknown to us.
- "Cosmic winks" and communication from the universe are more apparent. It can sometimes feel as if the radio or TV is communicating directly to you. A stronger than usual feeling that you are not alone.
- Daydreaming increases. Imagery from the mind's eye is clearer and more active than usual and can be distracting in day-to-day life.
- Our psychic space is more permeable when Neptune is strong, and we have to carefully filter the heightened impressions we're receiving.
- People can be more impressionable, easily swayed, and prone to wishful thinking, particularly with love relationships. We can be convinced of things when Neptune is strong that we could not be convinced of at other times. The standard, "What was I thinking?" In the same way that we can believe a dream we've had is real, it's possible to believe things are one way when all logical conclusions (and later, hindsight) would indicate otherwise.
- We can be more easily deceived by people, missing major character flaws because we're blinded by the good in them, by their "spiritual auras," or by their potential.
- Plumbing problems are more likely. A low water level for flushing toilets, in particular, is common during Neptune stations.
- Personal plumbing issues are also more likely. Urinating more than usual or having to use a (hopefully natural) diuretic to assist urination. (Uva Ursi works well.) Urinary tract irritation is more common when Neptune is strong, so avoid soft drinks, caffeine, and alcohol, and increase intake of water and real cranberry juice.
- There can be a strong jonesing for drugs and/or alcohol.
- But we are also more easily altered and affected by drugs and alcohol.
- Food allergies and sensitivities can be heightened. We're craving "fun and easy" foods, but they can have ill effects.
- We can be more sensitive to perfumes and scents.
- There can be a giddy, giggly, intoxicating quality in the air. Neptunian whiffs of ether. This effect is currently mitigated quite strongly by a trine to stern and grounding Saturn in Scorpio.
- People can be more sensitive than usual and their feelings more easily hurt. There is stronger sensitivity to the suffering in the world, and people are more easily brought to tears when Neptune is strong. The Neptunian waterworks. People may choose more isolation than usual to offset this heightened sensitivity.
- We can spend money on things, particularly on frivolous things, that we wouldn't ordinarily spend money on. When Neptune is strong, we crave escapism, entertainment, and ease from the daily grind. Pizza delivery and Chinese take-out must see an increase in business!
- The simplest daily tasks can seem irritating and overwhelming. Multi-tasking is more difficult.
- People may embrace their inner dirty hippie and skip a few showers. Personal hygiene is one of those daily tasks that can seem impossibly arduous when Neptune is strong.
- It can be difficult to make ourselves fully understood, especially apparent with the current Mercury-Neptune square, as if we are yelling underwater. People may pick up on one layer of what we're saying without grasping the full meaning.
- Generally, a lot of projection is flying around. People could be interacting with their own fabricated versions of who you are, rather than anything based in reality.
- Strongly Neptunian/Piscean people can usually be spotted by a sort of dreamy, shrouded, faraway look around the eyes. The area around the eyes can appear a little shadowed and hollowed-out.
Neptune goes retrograde once per year for about five months.
Until 2021, Neptune goes retrograde in the month of June and direct in the month of November. You can expect the Neptune station symptoms to be kicked up at those times.
And remember, folks, Neptunian sobriety tests will be randomly applied in the weeks surrounding the Neptune station for the safety of yourselves and others.