Thursday, February 25, 2016

Happy Birthday, WWA blog!

Today, my blog is eight years old. One full Venus cycle is behind us. And when I think of all the amazingly brilliant, interesting, and kick-butt people I've come to know because of this blog, I'm a little mind-boggled.

I always had a feeling there were others inhabiting the far reaches. I had a feeling there were others working and living from their own outskirt outposts. And now I know it's true.

I couldn't have imagined, growing up as a square peg in a rural, conservative round hole, that I would one day be able to communicate with other people who saw what I saw and understood what I understood. The internet age is almost like a dream, something truly fantastical. But it's real. I'm real. This blog is real. And you are real.

What a bizarre and fabulous time to be alive.

Happiest of Birthdays, WWA blog! You have provided love, sustenance, information, and guidance through some very treacherous times. Please keep on keeping on.

No comments: