Thursday, December 1, 2011

Mars in Virgo Hot or Nots

Warning: This article contains an extraordinary number of occurrences of the word "shit" as well as derivatives of the word "shit." Proceed only if scatological references in relation to human behaviour do not offend.

Venus is conjunct Pluto today, and the eliminatory function (Pluto) in matters of relating (Venus) is strong. The Moon is also in Pisces opposing Mars in Virgo, so let's roll with it, shall we?

From the Venus-Saturn mutual reception post:

"Mars relates to desire, and in Virgo, only those with shit together - and with a history of having shit together - need apply."

In the sign opposite Pisces, this especially relates to having your Neptunian/Piscean/12th house shit together, and at the end of the astrological Piscean era, this is a tall order for a lot of people.

Mars began its transit of Virgo opposite Neptune and Chiron, and the successful use of this transit means, in particular, identifying, analyzing, and removing the influence of wounded and wounding Piscean/Neptunian shitbag behaviours. This is of particular emphasis for anyone experiencing a Chiron return in Pisces.

I saw the 2008 film The Wrestler a few weeks ago, and the main character in the film illustrated the Piscean/Neptunian shitbag quite well. You know the kind.

It's a person who, on one hand, is deeply wonderful, gentle, compassionate, loving, sensitive, human, spiritually-aware - a person who can feel oh-so-good to be around, who has so much potential! This is a person who seems to know you on a special level, who can touch your heart in profound ways.

And then, on the other hand, the person's a shitbag.

The guy in the movie was an aging professional wrestler who was in many respects a lovely man. He was funny, giving, compassionate, a real mentor for up-and-coming wrestlers. He was exciting, sexy, interesting, and he could waltz.

He was also a shitbag. He abandoned his daughter when she was little, preferring to immerse himself in the cheering crowds and artificial (highly Neptunian) world of professional wrestling. He spent his money on alcohol, drugs, and lap dances, screwing random women still hot for his fading star. He lived in past glory, trying to outrun the requirements of the present. He made promises he didn't keep. He let people down. When the going got tough, he cut and ran, taking the easy way out and slipping out of his responsibilities.

The reality didn't live up to the hype - a big Neptune theme.

We've all seen or experienced Neptune at work in relationship. ("But I loooove him!") Neptune glosses over all the shitbag behaviours, leaving only the wonderful. If Neptune is strong enough, it's as if the shitbag behaviours don't even exist. They're invisible, dimmed dramatically by the shining, glowing, rosy light of the wonderful qualities Neptune insists are the whole story.

The shitbag behaviours are skimmed over and forgiven almost immediately, without holding the individual accountable, and nothing changes. It's the same cycle over and over again: shitbag behaviour, disappointment and hurt, forgiveness, being awash with Neptunian love; shitbag behaviour, disappointment and hurt, forgiveness, being awash with Neptunian love...

The damage keeps being done, keeps accumulating, and Neptune keeps covering it all over, focusing only on the lovey dovey goodness.

Until the point comes where enough is enough, and the cycle absolutely has to be broken. It takes a while to get there, but this is where we are now.

There are many deeply-ingrained Piscean era cycles to be, once and for all, broken, cleaned up, and transitioned out of as Mars moves through the eight-month transit in Virgo, and they're holding on with a great deal of subtlety and tenacity.

This isn't just straight-up, easily identifiable Neptunian shitbag we're dealing with here, as in The Wrestler. This is immersed into the scene, woven into the energetic fabric. This is a multitude of subtle variations. This is even just the energetic impression of shitbag with little to no identifiable behaviour.

The Neptunian gloss is potent stuff, crystallized and unquestioned in many cases. People have been getting away with this stuff for a good long while.

Mars in Virgo has its work cut out for it, but it's on the case like a dog on a bone until the beginning of July 2012, carrying us right through the Venus Transit.

If we assist it, Mars in Virgo will cut through the gloss in a valiant attempt to address fatal character flaws and make things right through and through. Virgo relates to personal development, and Mars does battle on the fine points here.

Those who don't have it together at this point are going to have to get on it right quick if they would like to be, in any way, considered a hot commodity over the next eight months - and to a great extent, over the next two years.

For a little helpful guidance on this front, here are some Mars in Virgo HOT or NOTS:

HOT: A person who will defer sex until the right time and the right conditions out of respect for the health and well-being of both parties.

NOT HOT: Someone slobbering in your ear and getting all hot and bothered when you're basically still at handshake stage.

HOT: A person who puts effort into learning the details about you, what you like and don't like, and then applies it precisely.

NOT HOT: Discovering someone you've been dating for weeks can't pronounce your last name correctly.

HOT: People who run their lives like well-oiled machines who would be scandalized if they bounced a cheque.

NOT HOT: Flaky, floaty, space cadets who routinely bounce cheques (if they even have a bank account) and live in a state of constant chaos that spills over into the lives of other people.

HOT: Finding a new boyfriend or girlfriend with carefully cultivated associations and influences who has no problem weeding out detrimental ones. This person has been anticipating you and has created a place that is just right for you in his/her life.

NOT HOT: Discovering your new boyfriend comes with a string of: old exes who call regularly in some variety of life crisis, hard-up buddies looking for a place to crash, down-and-out family members asking for money, slightly obsessive old flames who still have a thing for him, and various shady types always involved in some type of not-quite-above-board situation, bringing you into contact with people you would choose not to be around otherwise. Discovering the place he has created for you is a dirty mattress on the unwashed floor that you have to share with the sleeping-it-off ex-girlfriend of his high school best friend.

HOT: Someone who shows his desire for you by keeping bills up to date, dishes washed, floors vacuumed, and laundry folded, thereby removing stressors so energy can be directed into more *ahem* extracurricular-type activities.

NOT HOT: Someone who forgets his wallet at home, leaves dirty dishes strewn around, and thinks the hamper is wherever his clothes happen to fall. I know a few slobs, and I love them, but I'm here to advise that slobbing is NOT HOT under Mars in Virgo.

HOT: Moderation, temperance, practicality, humility, modesty, earthiness, focused drive and self-direction, attention to detail, awareness of the fine points.

NOT HOT: Escapism, substance abuse, chaos, pie-in-the-sky ideas, ineffectiveness, weak will, scattered energies, being excessively impressionable and easily led astray, allowing oneself to be tossed around by the circumstances of the day.

HOT: Living simply and within one's means.

NOT HOT: Financial over-extension, frivolity, living on (bad) credit.

HOT: A person who has developed a level of self-control and self-mastery.

NOT HOT: Someone looking to be taken care of.

HOT: Taking full responsibility for half-assed behaviour, rectifying it immediately.

NOT HOT: Making vague, weaselly excuses for half-assed behaviour and then continuing it.

HOT: Saying you're going to do something and doing it, on time.

NOT HOT: Saying you're going to do something but then consulting your psychic who tells you not to do it unless six particular signs as well as a white eagle's feather show up within fourteen days. Staying in a state of "tortured" limbo for months, hashing it over ad nauseum with every person you know to the point that people start avoiding your ass.

If you recognize yourself on the NOT HOT list, never fear. You have eight full months to move yourself onto the HOT list. And if you recognize yourself on the HOT list, congratulations. Get ready to be a hot commodity.

This post is fun and games (sort of), but if we don't get on top of the Neptunian/Piscean/12th house stuff over the next eight months, it really won't be all fun and games.

Chiron transits Pisces until February 2019, and Neptune transits Pisces until January 2026. Chiron in Pisces indicates that every missed leak, every clouded blind spot, every unconsious or semi-conscious acceptance of what is unacceptable in our lives has the possibility of doing us in in a big way over the next seven years. These are major possibilities for self-sabotage as well as for sabotage by others who turn out to be not who they seem.

If you don't want the next seven years to be one of those blanked-out, do-over stretches of life where you're overrun and turned into that sillier, dopier, more naive version of yourself (the Neptunian "What Was I Thinking?" Syndrome), focus on clearing everything you can up now.

13 comments:

Anon and Ever said...

Well what you wrote, that is referred to love story - I mean this passage:

“Neptune glosses over all the shitbag behaviours, leaving only the wonderful. If Neptune is strong enough, it's as if the shitbag behaviours don't even exist. They're invisible, dimmed dramatically by the shining, glowing, rosy light of wonderful qualities Neptune insists are the whole story.

The shitbag behaviours are skimmed over and forgiven almost immediately, without holding the individual accountable, and nothing changes. It's the same cycle over and over again: shitbag behaviour, disappointment and hurt, forgiveness, being awash with Neptunian love; shitbag behaviour, disappointment and hurt, forgiveness, being awash with Neptunian love...

The damage keeps being done, keeps accumulating, and Neptune keeps covering it all over, focusing only on the lovey dovey goodness.

Until the point comes where enough is enough, and the cycle absolutely has to be broken. It takes a while to get there, but this is where we are now.”

Well it absolutely fits with the Berlusconi/Italy story: Italians told themselves that all was good, and accepted the illusions Berlusconi so widely and skilfully spread up to the moment reality came back in, opened the door, broke the door, and illusion was revealed for what is, a sort of theatre...

Berlusconi rise and fall followed the cycle of Neptune in Aquarius, the illusion in mass media and television...

Willow said...

Yes, these Neptunian themes are going on across the board at the end of the astrological Piscean era, including, of course, with public figures and so-called leaders.

It's the same trick and trap played on the people of the United States with Obama and with any big league Democrat. They're all playing for the same team, and it isn't our team.

The goal, of course, is to get to the point where you see through the detrimental illusions BEFORE you get sucked in.

Mars in Virgo, at our service.

But this is also where people refuse to go, en masse. They cling to the phony dream.

Debs said...

I love you!! Your writing is amazing and so honest and to the point.

I'm on the HOT list for the first time ever. And business is actually soaring right now. I can't believe it, but I've only been working my ass off for four years in a particular area, so to see it paying off finally is a great thing! Relationships are sweet now, too.

The only downside of my life, well, that I consider a downside, are leeches. You mention them on your list. Those who want to be taken care of, who feel entitled to a friendship and what others work hard for, even though they've been flakey and disappointing, are in great debt, irresponsibly guzzle down martini after martini on weekends, and aren't doing anything to get themselves outta their holes. We have "old friends" like these folks, two have been trying to make their way in here... since October.

Except it's kinda. Not. Working. As nice as I am, I'm not as nice as my Virgo husband. Virgos can be amazing people. But my Scorpio knows a leech when I see one, and my Libra knows what's fair.

My closest friends have their problems, we all do, and we wouldn't even THINK of being a burden on anyone. Some people in the world sure do have BALLS when it comes to their baggage.

Those balls are clearly about to slowly become crushed though as far as these transits go.

I just don't get it. But good luck to some folks, that's all I've to say about that.

And if I could offer something, I'd just say... protect yourselves but good. And that's in all ways you can think of. I'd be more than happy to be a part of a protective circle should anyone need-- kinda good at it.

Love,
Deb

MARY said...

Willow, I really value your words

I have soooo much to learn. I surely fall in the HOT list. The only problem is that I have strong neptune in my chart (7th cusp square venus in pisces) and I have been the one, the doormat, the naive, silly gal who opt to do not see the shitbag.
With a little help of my friends (Saturn in Libra and Pluto transiting in my 7th house) I am working my ass to DESTROY and REBIULD patterns and to eagerly AMPUTATING life-suckers from my life.

Thank you again for you strong, deep, and sincere words.

Rob said...

The negation of the Sabian Symbol for Mars-Virgo 2012 is a see through plastic container filled with shit. Got it.

Looks like my SR 2012 will have virgo asc with mars in 1st. As per usual, I will be HOT.

Anonymous said...

Yes, as many of the above I totally relate (after having Neptune in my sign for the last, what was it fourteen effing years?) to the Neptune gloss on a shitbag.

Anonymous said...

<North node in Virgo conjunct Pluto in the first house - SN in Pisces conjunct Chiron in the 7th ... 8th house Pisces Moon, and an over aspected Neptune ... don't cry for me Willowtina (that's a Willow/Argentina word combining thing-a-ma-jiggy, the Gemini in me...?)

Anonymous said...

So . . . I am a Piscean woman, with Venus and Chiron conjunct at 29 degrees Aquarius, going through my Chiron return, as well as, having transitting Neptune conjunct my Venus and Chiron - so this was definitely written for me. I am a stronger Piscean women than some with placements in air and earth signs but I have had a hard time taking off those freaking rose coloured glasses.
The “shitbag” has been out of my life for almost 4 months now but I still have to remind myself not to look back. Thank you for your words.

Merryweather said...

This has to be one of my favorite posts you've done, Willow! I am LOVING Mars in Virgo, and I was very pleasantly surprised to recognize myself on the HOT list! (I think Saturn in Libra had a lot to do with getting me there.)

And I also recognized some people on the NOT HOT list, including my last romantic interest. The part about "making vague, weaselly excuses for half-assed behaviour and continuing it"? Yeah. I slammed the door on that one once I put on my Mars-in-Virgo infra-red goggles and saw through the Neptune smog.

Thanks for this!

Hugging Scorpio said...

Wonderful Willow, thanks for nailing it.

I was under the impression that if I was honest in the world of relationships, I would attract a like person. Being honest in all its definitions of authenticity and respect of space that engenders healthy intimacy.

As I seemed to attract interestingly dishonest women, I asked myself "what inner barrier is blocking me from finding a non-shitbag woman?" I realised that a deeper issue lay in some old family baggage, primarily with mom. As a young man, my ego thought I was so done with that. But there is material there that I needed to address. A lot of psychological and psychic debris needing a good hand of care, and a good mop.

So, it really was me who was unavailable and not fully present. I had my outer shit together yes, but inner shit around issues of guilt, sexual healing, and general repression of my life desires and dreams, needed direct and conscious active vocal attention.

This was the true foundation I was looking for, and I start with myself. And for now, I'm a happy single man loving and living my Now.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Dang, girl! Thanks for the heads up!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the terrific insight. I decided to read it instead of posting it.
The No's ring such truth!

Thanks,
:-)

Willow said...

I never doubted you would be on the HOT list, M'dame!