Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Dystopian Flames Zine in the Mount Royal University Zine Collection

Dystopian Flames: The True Cost of Oil Production on the Canadian Prairies zine is now available in the Mount Royal University zine collection in Calgary, Alberta. 

A man from the university found the zine online and purchased two copies for the collection. 

I lived in Calgary for six years, which they call "the city that oil built," so to have this zine in a university zine collection in that city is a bit of a coup. Very cool and unexpected! I'm happy to spread the word about this terribly dangerous and toxic practise, going on in my home area of Saskatchewan and all over the prairies. This is certainly a practise that needs to come to a swift end before more people, animals, and environments are harmed.




Dystopian Flames was a companion zine, written in early 2019, for a photography exhibit I did at my local library. 




 

No comments: